Sunday, July 7, 2013

Getting back into drawing

It's been years since I've seriously applied myself to drawing and the urge came back a few months ago. I decided to get back to basics by taking up an online drawing class with Studio Technique (http://studio-technique.com/).  If ever you are looking for a way to start drawing, get back into it or just get better, I highly recommend it! Samantha Youssef is a wonderful teacher with a solid experience. I just finished a first class, 10 sessions. It was very humbling and hard, I felt rusty with all aspects of drawing,  but I am slowly feeling the confidence getting back. That was my goal and it feels great to do this again! Below I am sharing a few drawings I did during the course of those 10 weeks. These are short poses, done in 2-5 minutes, except the last one that was done in 10 minutes.






I am starting a second class that will last another 10 weeks in September. Already looking forward to it! 

3 comments:

  1. Bravo pour ce retour à la base.
    J'adore...
    mc

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to see your 2D work again. And very interesting to hear about Samantha's on line courses. I checked out her website:)!
    Bravo Émilie
    Lorraine xo

    ReplyDelete