Sunday, September 15, 2013

Never too late to learn about anatomy!

I started a second term at Studio Technique. Samantha Youssef is a wonderful teacher, it's great to get out of your comfort zone and she's definitely there to help us along the way. Last term was focusing on gesture drawing, this time it's anatomy. I have to admit, I had never learned about actual bones and muscles before...it's pretty fascinating. Never too late eh?

Here are last week's and this week's homework. The bones proportions and shapes aren't that great yet (even if the goal is to get their location right and a rough sketch rather than a detailed rendering), but it's certainly an eye-opener to understand the pose better!


3 comments:

  1. C'est fascinant... Ça me rappelle l'université.
    Bravo.
    mc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the kind words, both of you!

    Mouki! I hope all is well! :)

    ReplyDelete