Thursday, March 26, 2015

Portrait practice

I've been practicing portrait lately using pictures of well known figures from a (not too long?) time ago.  For sure, the ultimate exercise is to do it live, but I wanted to take the time to study shapes, features and perspective. When I was a teenager, I enjoyed drawing grotesque characters...probably because the artists I admired had an inclination for caricature.  For now, just like the life drawing I've been doing in the past few months, my goal is just to make the anatomy believable. 

Below: Edith Piaf, Glenn Gould, Winston Churchill, Sarah Bernhardt, Simone de Beauvoir, Charles Beaudelaire and Jacques Tati.


















2 comments:

  1. La ressemblance est fantastique. C'est vraiment beau.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Je suis contente (et soulagée!) que tu y vois une ressemblance. :)

      Delete